Getting your wedding photographer booked is a huge step in your wedding planning! Here are the reasons why it’s wise to use the same photographer for your engagement session.
1. Builds Trust – The chances are that when you and your fiancé book with a wedding photographer you have never worked with the photographer before. Maybe you heard of them from one of your friends, met them at a wedding show or found their website and enjoyed their work. When you book your engagement session you will get a chance to work together and meet several more times before your wedding.
2. The photographer can learn what buttons to push – Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera and working with your wedding photographer in an engagement session allows the photographer to get to know you better and see what they need to do to make sure that you are comfortable. This will only help on your wedding day and by the time you take your wedding pictures everyone knows each other well and it makes for a much smoother wedding experience.
3. You get to learn how the photographer works – Every photographer is different in their approach. Some photographers like to be hands on, some like to allow the action happen. You will get to see how they work and what they need from you to produce images that you will love!
4. See that you do look good in photographs! – I hear it from nearly every wedding couple that I meet with, “we’re not very photogenic, you’re going to have your work cut out for you”. Booking an engagement session with your wedding photographer can put your mind at ease, when you receive your photos, knowing that you really can be photogenic with the techniques the experienced photographer used.
5. It’s affordable – Many wedding photographers include engagement sessions with their packages. Inspired Images includes an engagement session with two of their packages and it can be added to the other two. I recommend that even if your photographer doesn’t include it you should check into the cost to add it in. Typically it’s inexpensive and as explained before the benefits are greater than just the great images that you will receive.
6. The sessions are relaxed and it’s easy to go to different locations – The wedding day is a fast and sometimes hectic experience for a wedding couple. It’s tough to balance the desire to plan a lot of time for photographs and also not make your guests have to wait. When you book your engagement session with your wedding photographer the session is much more relaxed without all the wedding day stresses. You can explore unique locations, schedule your photos for the ideal time of day and be sure that you are going to capture beautiful images of the two of you.
7. It’s a nice addition to the album – When you have your wedding photographer take your engagement photos they will be able to use the images in a number of exciting products. Many wedding couples like to reserve a few pages in their wedding album for some of their favorite engagement photos. As mentioned the engagement photos occur in a much more controlled situation and often times can be just as stunning if not more stunning than the actual wedding photos!Can you think of any other reasons? Be sure to let us know!
To find out more about Inspired Images and how they can help make your engagement session special click here to get connected!
Erik - Inspired Images